Becoming a parent changes you in so many ways: physically, mentally, emotionally. You might not realize it at first, but there are tiny details that slip that let other people know you’re a parent, whether it’s knowing all the songs of your child’s favorite show or knowing how to change diapers with your eyes closed.
45 ways you have become a parent
There are things that only fellow parents understand, so we asked our followers from our Facebook page, Smart Parenting, to complete the sentence: “You know you’re a parent when _______.” Needless to say, there were pretty funny revelations, and we’re sure parents will be able to relate to some, if not all, of them.
41. You’re eating your son’s leftovers. — Katcen Kae Verzano
42. ‘Netflix and chill’ means watching the entire season of Peppa Pig and a bunch of Disney movies!
43. You feel pity and not anger toward the parent of the baby who’s screaming in public places. — Kelly Morgan
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
44. Your toddler spits out their food, tapos mabilis mong nasalo and you eat it. — Aireen Amboy
45. You can’t close the bathroom door because someone is keeping an eye on you. — Pauline Estiva Ascutia
No matter how tiring, weird, and gross parenting can be, one thing’s for sure: Parents still think it’s one of the best and most fulfilling responsibilities in the world. As one parent said, “Your house is a mess, but you don’t care as long as your children are happy, fed, and clean.”
What was that moment when you realized you were a parent? Add it in the comments!